Science & Education

Started by
10 comments, last by Acharis 13 years, 5 months ago
Ok, I see where you are misunderstanding what I am saying.

This wouldn't be on a building by building basis. It would, as you want it to, be as buildings as a whole. I was just using a single building because it simplified the description.

So, following on from my example:

If you had 1,000,000 buildings that in total requyiered 100,000,000 uneducated workers, 50,000,000 educated workers and 3,000,000 university workers, then my example still holds.

This would enable you to work out how efficient your work force is. IF you have too few workers, then your buildings won't be as effective, however, if you have too many workers, you will be paying too much for the amount of work being done. Therefore the player ends up having to balance their work force to get the best out of them.

It doesn't matter how many workers are needed in total, you can work it out with large numbers just as well as with small numbers, and it doesn't matter how many buildings you have, as you are just working off totals.
Advertisement
Percentage penalty to production works nasty with small numbers. If you have only 1 unupgraded coal mine at the beginning of the game that produces 1 coal per turn and you lack a worker so it works on 99% capacity you will be getting 0 coal per turn :(
When I think of it, there can't really be any (other than big) production reductions since I want to keep the game "low numbers" even at later stages...

I was thinking along these lines: if you lack workers you have to pay them more for overhours (each worker missing is "paid" tripple wages) and only when the missing workers reach 10%+ thereshold you get 10% production penalty (or smaller since the missing workers were already paid extra?)

Stellar Monarch (4X, turn based, released): GDN forum topic - Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement