The best choice to use directx in C# applications

Started by
2 comments, last by keinmann 13 years, 5 months ago
Hi guys, i'm started to develop with Managed DirectX some weeks ago in C#, and after a while i realized that the Managed DX was discontinued. I thought if should i continue developing my application in this way, but then i decided to ask you what do you think about.
I need to use DirectX SDK to develop some Custom Controls in my C# Application Forms. I don't want to learn something that I already know that will be not updated. I need something easy to learn (at the beginning) that could be also used to create things more complex.
I would like to know the best choice to program directX applications in C#, in order to be able to do simple things (for example 2D graphs, and simple 3D animations).
I read something about XNA but, for what i understood, it's used more to create games, or something like this.
Let me know.

Thanks in advance
Paolo
Advertisement
You could use SlimDX, which is a wrapper for directx on C# and is still under active development and is not just for games. You are right in that XNA is for games, if you were developing a game however XNA is my personal favourite.
SlimDX, no question.
SlimDX, if you're not scared of complexity and want cutting edge features and raw power. XNA if you want easy multi-platform capabilities between PC, XBox, ZUNE and WP7, an intuitive and easy to use framework or just want to write games/graphics applications without doing a lot of "boiler-plate" code.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement