Multiple Header problem

Started by
21 comments, last by rip-off 13 years, 6 months ago
Sorry, its late. I had been grinding my head against this problem for hours. Thanks again for all your help.

In function `ZN7Monster3runEii':
multiple definition of `Map'

For anyone interested that was more or less what the error looked like.

Thanks again.

btw: rated you all up.
Quote:Original post by rnw159Screw game maker.There's your sig quote for the forums :D[/quote]
Advertisement
Quote:
Please don't be a sarcastic prick.

Nobody is being a sarcastic prick. At least nobody was until the last few posts (hint: stop that). What you are failing to grasp is that there are several interrelated issues that could be occurring in your actual code. Far more issues than most of us could probably reliable enumerate on our own and even then they'd be guesses which would likely send you down the wrong path. Providing the code or at least a minimal subset of the code that reproduces the problem is the best, and some times the only way to get help.

You should never assume that you know how much code is "enough" to provide, because in doing so you are assuming you know what is appropriate to strip out, which means in most cases you should already know what the problem is. Since you don't, you shouldn't make the assertions you've made.

You had not provided a sufficient robust problem description for anybody to give you accurate help, so you were queried for more information. That's how it works. If you are offended by that or feel you cannot be bothered to follow up with additional information when requested, I'm afraid you won't find much help.
It might be a good idea to setup a separate project for this kind of thing. If you have errors like this, you can take your code into the new project, and try and reduce the code bit by bit until you have a minimal representation of the problem. This process can often result in you solving the issue yourself, because finding the line or lines that are the difference between the error appearing and disappearing can often be a vital step to understanding the problem.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement