Havok or Physx

Started by
9 comments, last by grhodes_at_work 13 years, 5 months ago
Quote:Original post by Zogrim
Quote:So your potential clients *must* install the PhysX runtime. This will change earliest with the release of PhysX 3.0.

It was changed in PhysX SDK 2.8.4. (does not require PhysX drivers installation), which is available for several months already.

I believe 2.8.4.4 for the PC and Xbox360 platforms should be available. The only legal way to access the SDK is to become a registered PhysX developer, at which point you will have access to the download site. To register, visit the following site:

PhysX Developer Support

Once there, click the small "sign in" link in the upper right corner. This will give you an option to sign on, or to request a new account (button at the bottom) if you aren't already registered.

Registration is free, and should give you access to the latest posted SDK's for platforms that don't require additional licensing (e.g., you would not have access to the Xbox version without additional licensing and agreements due to the nature of development for that platform).

I am not currently a registered PhysX developer myself; however, I have just requested an account myself since there is the possibility PhysX could again be useful to me at some point.
Graham Rhodes Moderator, Math & Physics forum @ gamedev.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement