• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Doom BSP :S

This topic is 2770 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a complex problem I'm trying to solve involving maps from the original Doom. I'm fixing up a renderer to work better with OpenGL, and I'm currently stuck building floors and ceilings. The maps are 2D and divided by a BSP tree. The leaves of the tree are convex polygons, but are referred to in source as sub-sectors. The problem I'm having is that sub-sectors in the map files specify some, but not all, of their sides. They omit sides that are implied by the partition lines specified when iterating down the tree. But in order to build a vertex buffer, I have to deduce all of the line segments that make up the entire sub-sector.

I hope I explained this clearly enough to understand. Does anybody know a simple solution, or an article somewhere that addresses this type of problem? Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!