• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
fkhan

[Slimdx] D3dImage transparent background in WPF

This topic is 2774 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am trying to render transparent background and setting Color to transparent like this,

Device.Clear(ClearFlags.Target | ClearFlags.ZBuffer, Color.Transparent, 1.0f, 0);

But the background in the wpf app shows up white. Is there a simpler way to do this in wpf?

Advertisement
Well part of the problem was my Device backbuffer format. It was set to X8R8G8B8 which does not support transparency, thanks to nice output interface in paint.net to point that out.

I have created a transparent background for use with D3DImage control that works with WPF. I render my models on top of the background and then expose a property to retrieve the rendered surface for use in my d3dimage control.
works great but sometimes immediately when it loads it flickers and shows a white background.

I did like to know if there are better approaches to achieving transparency in WPF using D3DImage.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!