• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Moving Aliens

This topic is 2644 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Greetings

Another noob....I've been playing around with XNA just for some fun programming, and trying the usual space invaders type of game. I've managed to do most things froma 2D point of view like loading sprites and moving them left, right up, down etc but looking at some other games they have the enemies moving in from say one side of the screen down at an angle and then rotating in a circle or arc and lining thensleves up at the top ready to be shot. Or like galaxian the enemies move to the bottom by starting in an arc and curving towards the bottom.

Anyway I'm wondering how to go about doing this movement the easiest way. When I see circles and arc I think sin, cos etc (which I'm confortable with) but was wondering how others might have programmed a similar task.

Happy if you have examples in other languages than C#. Can usually cross convert between most.

Cheers
Peter

You can get interesting effects by using curves - one like Bezier is fairly easy to implement and can give really interesting results.

Hi There

I've seen other things about Bexiers and heard the name cubic splines (not heard of Catmull-Rom) so gives be some info to start searching for.

I really appreciate the quick response and help.

Cheers
Peter

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement