Sign in to follow this  

High Performance Server Framework

This topic is 2643 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone,

I've been writing a network library for a while (a month or so), and I've released the first version today.
The main focus of the framework is to develop servers faster, and provide support for common tasks that we need in a server, without much worry about the whole winsock API, and things like that.
Obs: The framework works over the IOCP structure of Windows.

This is my first library/framework, and I really need some feedback about it's structure, and things like that...

There's not much support for protocol parsing yet, just the whole server structure is done.

This is the project website:

http://www.dtex.com.br/hpsf/

Any suggestions? (:

Btw: You'll need visual c++ 2010 (express or not) to compile it.

[Edited by - WoLfuluss on October 22, 2010 3:07:07 PM]

Its built using I/O Completion Ports (basically you'll have some worker threads dedicated just to I/O network) which consumes less resources compared to other methods like 1 thread for each client

Better explanation of IOCP:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa365198(VS.85).aspx

What is the benefit of your library, over any available library?
Which other libraries did you look at, and what made you write your own?
If what you want to do is develop servers quickly, it's hard to beat Python.Twisted...

Basically, it's a fully OOP based framework. I made it because my main development language is C++, and how all of you know, doing this type of things in C++ isn't that fun, right? And almost every library I look at, is just a C API, or it's just too complicated to build, or learn how to use... beside the fact that the framework has lots of classes, you'll need to know how to use just 4 of them, and how to "write" code for them...

You'll be able to setup a server quickly, giving you all information and access you need for every task that common servers need, like built-in packet splitting, protocol understanding and redirection to its respective handler, easy access to connected client list, broadcasting support, connection timeouts, filter to reject connections before its real creation, and all that stuff...

Most of the common tasks are already made, I'll be working on the built-in packet stuff this week.

[]'s

Sign in to follow this