• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Multiple Transparencies or to Replace more than 1 Color with Transparency?

This topic is 2767 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is there a way to set up multiple color values for transparency when defining a texture?

[Edited by - nlraley on October 22, 2010 3:04:30 PM]

Advertisement
Transparency is controlled by the alpha channel, which is independent of the colour. When creating the texture it's possible to have the function change the alpha of a specific colour to zero (transparent), but you can do it yourself either by adding an alpha channel in an image editor or locking the texture and changing the alpha yourself.

Ah, that's what I need. How do you go about locking the texture to change the alpha of it? And if I do so will the image still retain the original alpha channel replacement?

Reason I ask is that I have thousands of tiles and am trying to avoid having to hand edit all of them.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!