Needed courses to start a Game Company

Started by
1 comment, last by Tom Sloper 13 years, 5 months ago
Hello all, I realize that I have 2 threads made withing a small period of time, but both are for something completely different.

I am curious as to everyones opinions on the demanded prerequisits to start a game design company after college (probably 5-10 years after).

I am currently a Computer Science and Psychology major, but I have yet to start my psych classes. I was wondering if it would be mandetory to take buisness/entrepreneurship as a major/minor to do so, or if I should just dabble in a few of the classes, or if I would even need to at all.
Advertisement
Required to take business courses? Not at all. Lots of people with zero experience running businesses rush into startups in different fields all the time.

Are classes strongly suggested and highly useful? Very much so. (Lots of small businesses go under after all. But a surprising number of them do well enough that they get bought out instead of actually failing. Never let the percentage of small business closures scare you off.)
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
Dribble, read the FAQ above (look for tiny blue "View Forum FAQ").

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement