• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Sand particle system

This topic is 2677 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,
First, I didn't know where to put this post / question / problem so if I'm in wrong section please forgive me.

So I'm trying to make particle system for granular sand simulation. Currently all system's framework is running and I'm implementing main function for computing forces for particles.
I'm using this article >
Particle-Based Simulation of Granular Materials

Basicly it's very simple. For every particle if contact was detected is computed normal and shear force as internal and gravitation as external.
And everything is perfect, but just with constants alfa = 0 and beta = 1.5, which make simulation unnatural ... and if I want to use alfa = 0.5 for more natural simulation, system will become very unstable and just not working right.

Do you have any experience with this article or with particle sand simulation ? If you do please help, I'm in the end with nerves about this.

Thank you very much!
Also sorry for my English.

Advertisement
I would post this in the "Math and Physics" section of the forum. This seems more like a physics question to me.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement