[web] Facebook product pages

Started by
0 comments, last by Kylotan 13 years, 6 months ago
This is doing my head in a bit... sorry not exactly web-dev, not sure where else to put it though. I created an official page on FB, a "FB Page" as it seems to be called. But it seems I have very little ability to edit it... and it's somehow got linked with a new personal account I didn't want.

I wanted it to we facebook.com/myproduct but this doesn't seem possible, and every admin link I can see takes me to edit the personal page. I can't even get it to list the website, like facebook.com/quakelive does.

Any tips... not sure if I've screwed it up before I even got started to be honest.

www.simulatedmedicine.com - medical simulation software

Looking to find experienced Ogre & shader developers/artists. PM me or contact through website with a contact email address if interested.

Advertisement
Facebook pages are linked to a personal account; that's just how they work.

To edit your Facebook Page rather than your personal account, you must be viewing that page when you click the edit links. Once on that page, if you're an admin (which you should be, if it's associated to your personal account), then you will see little pencil icons everywhere - click those and you can edit the box.

You can edit the details on the Info tab the same way as you'd edit a normal Facebook account. Similarly you can change the profile picture the same way.

The URL was something you choose when you create the page, as I understand. If not, it'll be available under 'Edit Page' on the left. If the URL is already taken, you're out of luck.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement