• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Which Adventure Game Engine?

This topic is 2740 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello. I am a maths teacher, but am currently studying for an MSc in Information Technology. I am in the processing of working on a dissertation "What makes a good piece of maths educational software" which involves making a maths game.

I want to create a maths adventure game. Can anyone recommend a suitable game engine? At this moment in time I am thinking of having a point and click game engine which I can also then program in one or two puzzles.

(One engine I found which I thought was good was used to make the Sydney Mystery on http://www.twilightsoftware.com. However, I am not sure this is the best one or the latest software to use!)

Thank you.
Any help or ideas are much appreciated!

Advertisement
Game Maker 8 Lite I think would fulfill your needs. The lite version is a little bit limited in functionality, but it's enough to create a simple 2D adventure game so it should be fairly easy to use :)

Good luck on your project!

Game Maker by Yoyo Games and Multimedia Fusion by Clickteam. Is you want to make simple math adventure game, you would not go wrong with both.

I did try Multimedia Fusion demo, and I personally like Game Maker (and I own it).

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.

Are there any 3d game engines that you would recommend? (I believe Game Maker and Multimedia Fusion are both 2d.)

Many thanks!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement