• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
akinkhoo

Need solution to: rotate Euler angle by another Euler angle

This topic is 2857 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i have been using this function on game engine for sometime, but i now need to write something in C++ and i am not that great with math and have no clue as to how it work. are there any solution or open source code/library that has this function?

Advertisement
I'm guessing you have a rotation expressed as three angles and another rotation expressed as three angles and you want to find their composition. The simpler answer is to transform both to either matrices or quaternions and then multiply. If you want the result in the form of three angles, convert back at the end.

Or perhaps you shouldn't be using Euler angles at all...

yes, i am going to try nehe's quaternions example to find the composition... however i am uncertain how to convert it back to the angles once in quaternions form which it doesn't show. i will see if i can finish the gap using reference from euclideanspace.com

thanks for help.

Quote:
yes, i am going to try nehe's quaternions example to find the composition... however i am uncertain how to convert it back to the angles once in quaternions form which it doesn't show. i will see if i can finish the gap using reference from euclideanspace.com
Why do you need the Euler angles in the first place?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!