I have 120 games installed on my computer is that normal?...

Started by
32 comments, last by JoeCooper 12 years, 9 months ago
Most of them I have also completed. I can't even imagine how many hours of my life have been spent playing video games not to mention the two years I spent playing WoW... Also I probably have another 100 or so from when I was younger that I played to death...
Advertisement
Um... Midlife crisis?
I have Quake III, Half Life 1 + CS, Warcraft III, Armed Assault II Demo, Dark Reign II, Battlefield 1942, Windows games, some self made games.
I only play with DotA nowadays (1 AI game per day), and sometimes with my minesweeper.
Quote:Original post by szecs
Um... Midlife crisis?
I have Quake III, Half Life 1 + CS, Warcraft III, Armed Assault II Demo, Dark Reign II, Battlefield 1942, Windows games, some self made games.
I only play with DotA nowadays (1 AI game per day), and sometimes with my minesweeper.

I'm only 22 so it would be a quarter life crisis but I can't help but wonder if that time was spent doing something productive...
Did you have fun or not?

Why does everybody think that everybody has to make something that lasts/productive/whatever?
Did you have fun or not?

Why does everybody think that everybody has to make something that lasts/productive/whatever?

Because if you don't you'll end up failing at life...
Where have you heard that?
Where have you heard that?

I didn't hear it from anywhere. I used common sense to reason my way to that theory... I mean maybe working hard on something is a pointless endeavor and it all comes down to luck with the exception of college but I believe that if I really try I can make something people will want to pay for which will make me "successful" at life. I don't actually have any evidence to back up that belief though since for example most successful indie games are pretty simple and could be made in a few months at most if I were to think of the idea...

[Edited by - SteveDeFacto on November 2, 2010 6:36:33 AM]
Making a game (that you are not interested in, as you say in your other thread) makes you successful in life?
I thought success in life is something about being happy... Maybe I'm selfish, but I don't care about making other people happy while I'm not really happy (bored). Especially if I can choose. Why sticking to something that you are not interested in anymore? Just because you loved it once (and you are not even responsible for that) I think that is wasting your life.

Look for something else. IMHO.
Making a game (that you are not interested in, as you say in your other thread) makes you successful in life?
I thought success in life is something about being happy... Maybe I'm selfish, but I don't care about making other people happy while I'm not really happy (bored). Especially if I can choose. Why sticking to something that you are not interested in anymore? Just because you loved it once (and you are not even responsible for that) I think that is wasting your life.

Look for something else. IMHO.

I am not speaking of video games in general I was just using it as an example.
Yes that seems perfectly normal for someone who engages in illegal software :)

[Edited by - magic_man on November 2, 2010 8:53:07 AM]
"You insulted me!" I did not say that in the private message Tom Sloper!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement