I have 120 games installed on my computer is that normal?...

Started by
32 comments, last by JoeCooper 12 years, 9 months ago
Quote:Original post by szecs
Making a game (that you are not interested in, as you say in your other thread) makes you successful in life?
I thought success in life is something about being happy... Maybe I'm selfish, but I don't care about making other people happy while I'm not really happy (bored). Especially if I can choose. Why sticking to something that you are not interested in anymore? Just because you loved it once (and you are not even responsible for that) I think that is wasting your life.

Look for something else. IMHO.

Quote:Original post by magic_man
Yes that seems perfectly normal for someone how engages in illegal software :)

Why is this thread suddenly becoming intertwined with all my other threads?... It was a general question about my gaming habits and not about my fading interest in game programming or my old ebay store full of hacking software... Probably the next comment is going to be something about my interest in the sudden jump of internet users in October 2009... >.<
Advertisement
You mentioned failing in life, success, productivity and stuff.
Only you can decide whether you have failed in life or not since it's relative to your own goals.
Quote:Original post by Dave
Only you can decide whether you have failed in life or not since it's relative to your own goals.

Sooo... What you're saying is I need to set my goals lower?...
120 games INSTALLED is abnormal. I've certainly played many more than 120 games, but I probably only have 10-15 installed at a time. I would say most people uninstall regularly either out of necessity or due to OS reinstalls/new systems.
What's with the downrating?
120 games? That's, uh, interesting. Is your system still stable after all that?

I install and uninstall. But I never play that much games. Interestingly, I kept playing the same game again and again and again.

I once read an article that linked from here regarding brain activity and all, where there is a picture of hamster running and all.

When I'm tired, I just want to wind down without thinking about something complex. Games allow me to do this. Games that is fun, relaxing (my way), so I play it. I guess it's my way of being in a spa. You run game, you let your body relax, after I had enough relax I just move on doing other things.

These days I buy games from GOG. Several I play frequently - like might and magic.

Looking to buy another adventure games.

I guess I treat games like music. I find what I like, and I listen/play it repeatly. Just to wind down. I'm not achivement chaser. Just relaxer.
Having that many games installed doesn't seem normal to me simply due to disk size constraints. Although I suppose my computer isn't exactly state of the art.

Over the past year I have played at least 72 different flash games (I've been keeping track and writing my opinions on them). These were usually over my lunch break and some of those games were played several times while others were very short experiences. There's probably quite a few more flash games that I've played and never bothered to keep track of. Add to that list I think 3 other games that required instalation on my computer that got a significant amount of play which I consider a low number for the year (I think what used to be typical was around 7). The number of hours of play last year I think decreased significantly due to dating which turned into marriage although recently it's gone back up to my regular frequency (1 game usually lasts a couple months of 4 to 5 days a week for 5 or more hours of play in a day). I expect the number of hours to drop very very significantly when children come into the picture. I think the time I spent the most hours playing games, I was also going out drinking with friends twice a week (though admitedly I wouldn't call this a very productive time in my life).

What does failing in life even mean? If it's not having what you want then the only advice I have is to put down the controller for awhile and go get what you want. Whether it's a slice of pizza in your fridge, your own house, or a relationship, just wishing for it won't get you these things. Just put the game away for awhile. It will still be there when you come back.
Quote:Original post by SteveDeFacto
Quote:Original post by Dave

Sooo... What you're saying is I need to set my goals lower?...
The lower you aim, the less you can fall short.

www.simulatedmedicine.com - medical simulation software

Looking to find experienced Ogre & shader developers/artists. PM me or contact through website with a contact email address if interested.

Quote:Original post by FableFox
120 games? That's, uh, interesting. Is your system still stable after all that?

About 110 of them are steam games so they don't affect my computer very much if at all and I have over a terabyte of hard drive space so if each game is about 3 GBs multiplied by 120 than they only take up 360 GBs which is about how much they do take up.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement