Error: auxDIBImageLoadA

Started by
3 comments, last by fat_tony_123 22 years, 7 months ago
Hello. After mastering the basics of OpenGL, I am now trying to texture map my objects (which may be basic in itself.) I have been stuck on this problem for quite some time and have looked on the internet extensively for an answer. Since NeHe and others have been loading in their .bmps to create texture objects, I have tried to use their routines. But whenever I try to compile, I get a linking error. "Error: Unresolved external 'auxDIBImageLoadA' referenced from C:\PROGRAMS\TEXTURETEST.OBJ" I have included the following files with my program: windows.h stdio.h gl\gl.h gl\glaux.h gl\glut.h I have glut 3.7, if that matters any. Well, then, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Edited by - fat_tony_123 on August 25, 2001 7:36:26 PM
Advertisement
Hi!

Link with glaux.lib. That should do the thing.. Good luck!

Jarkko
Sorry, I had my includes in brackets, so they didn''t show up because of the HTML. I am including glaux.h, and I did a search on my computer for glaux.lib, and nothing came up. I don''t think that it''s there. What should I try?
There may not be a copy of glaux.lib for your compiler, it''s pretty obsolete anyway. See one of NeHe''s TGA loading tutorials, they''ll get you to the same place, and they''re pretty easy to understand.

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]
Thanks for your post, I''ll look at those tutorials more closely. I''ll have to agree that those libraries are quite obsolete. I don''t think that I''ll check back in for awhile, but are there any negative gaming aspects of targa files? I mean, jpegs get artifacts when you work with them, are tgas the same way? Later.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement