Sign in to follow this  

bluetooth heart rate monitor and raw input

This topic is 2595 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey Everybody,

I'm trying to implement a heart rate monitor, which is connecting to my PC through bluetooth on port 40, into directX. I have raw input implemented for mouse and keyboard but I don't seem to be able to read the heart monitor as HID device.

Any chance somebody, to give me an idea how to read the data streamed by the heart monitor?

If not, is there any way to read the data coming through port 40 of my PC into directX?

Thank you in advance.

Depending on how the data is transmitted, you can use CreateFile() to open the device, and then read and write to it like a normal file. You'll need to ensure you read and write specific data lengths as specified in the device's capabilities, which can be found using the HidP_GetCaps() function (the input, output and feature report lengths), otherwise the read and write functions will fail. I've used those functions to play around with my Wiimotes which operate over Bluetooth, and it seems to work quite well.

This topic is 2595 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.