Animations

Started by
7 comments, last by Fizz7 13 years, 5 months ago
Hi, I've been working on a project for almost 2 weeks now. But I'm having difficulty with animations. What I have done so far is the rotateanimation which enables me to view the renders from every angle (except the bottom face).

Could anyone tell me how you would approach to make an animation that is similar to the banana ride movement? Left then right, left then right until a button is pressed to reset it.

If you require the code do let me know and I'll post it.

Thanks

Fizz7
Advertisement
Please help guys..
Can you explain a little more? Maybe a visual aid?
EnJOJ Gaming
Hi, thanks for the reply.

So far my coding has produced this as its outcome.

http://tinypic.com/r/30kv9r7/7

What I'm trying to do it make it move back (left) and forth (right) like a swing you may say.
However a key would be assigned to each movement (R for right, L for left, and S for stop).

Do take into notice that this is also a 3D render.

http://tinypic.com/r/23w48l2/7

Is how it actually is.

I hope this cleared up the web of confusion.

Thanks

Fizz.
I didnt understand one word of that picture or your words. Are you just trying to have it swing around that pivot point?

NBA2K, Madden, Maneater, Killing Floor, Sims http://www.pawlowskipinball.com/pinballeternal

banana ride??? wtf is that? :P

Is it that you want that box to swing left when you press the left key, and swing right when you press the right key, and have it be somewhat physics based so if you aren't pressing any keys, the momentum makes it keep swinging until it comes to a rest?

I'm a level 2 mind reader so let's see how close i get here
banana ride?

?
isn't the banana ride one of those machines you enter at amusement parks?

if your model is modelled with the pivot point ( the oval thingy ) at 0, 0, 0 you can just rotate it around either the x or z axis, depends on how it's modelled
Quote:Original post by dpadam450
I didnt understand one word of that picture or your words. Are you just trying to have it swing around that pivot point?

Yessir.

Quote:Original post by Atrix256
banana ride??? wtf is that? :P

Is it that you want that box to swing left when you press the left key, and swing right when you press the right key, and have it be somewhat physics based so if you aren't pressing any keys, the momentum makes it keep swinging until it comes to a rest?

I'm a level 2 mind reader so let's see how close i get here

This is a banana ride.

Yes, that is exactly what I'm looking for. Except the last part. If no keys are pressed then it will enter a loop, won't stop until the user himself stops it.

Quote:Original post by Murdocki
isn't the banana ride one of those machines you enter at amusement parks?

if your model is modelled with the pivot point ( the oval thingy ) at 0, 0, 0 you can just rotate it around either the x or z axis, depends on how it's modelled

Yeah, that's why I'm asking for help. Rotation/Translation/Scaling isn't my strong point. :/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement