• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
tanaris44

Animating 2 Handed Weapons/Props in 3ds Max

This topic is 2736 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So, I've got my model rigged, and plan to use mostly Max-included motion capped animations (.bip), as well as some stuff imported from Mixamo for game animations. The problem I am running into is in trying to animate my character model holding props that are bound to BOTH hands (rifles etc.).

With the right hand, I can get away with linking a dummy-attached weapon to the dummy-attached biped hand. However with the left hand, I can not do this, so I am trying to IK link the left hand to the rifle. While this seems to work, as soon as I import an animation, my IK link breaks, and only the linke between the rifle and right hand remain.

I feel like I must be missing something (importing animations by limb only?) but I figured someone on these boards could help, or direct me to a more 3ds max focused one.

Thanks

Advertisement
there is a lot of info here which may be helpful, as well as many related links. I'm sorry I don't have the knowledge to answer you directly, but I remembered the vid when reading your post, so, wth?

good luck

-AM

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!