texture gets invalid (or something like that)

Started by
1 comment, last by astorga 13 years, 5 months ago
Hey people, I have a little problem using textures.
My app is using about 30 different textures (so far), and all of them appears normal until the 28th texture. When I try to draw the 29th texture, the 28th becomes a white square (as if I haven't allocated it).
glGetError returns 0, but glIsTexture returns false.
Could that be VRAM limitation? How can I know if that's the problem?
Or, what could cause it?
Advertisement
Not sure what the issue might be.

I don't think it's a vram issue, as OpenGL textures shouldn't be limited to the number of vram. Your driver manages the vram, and anything that doesn't fit is swapped out to system memory and swapped back in as needed. It should be transparent to the developer.

Can you explain what you mean that your 28th gets invalidated when you try to draw the 29th?

Does your application work with 28 textures, but as soon as you try to add a 29th texture, it breaks your 28th texture? It would be less unusual if the 29th texture just didn't work, but I don't know why it would break the one before it.
[size=2]My Projects:
[size=2]Portfolio Map for Android - Free Visual Portfolio Tracker
[size=2]Electron Flux for Android - Free Puzzle/Logic Game
Quote:Original post by karwosts

Does your application work with 28 textures, but as soon as you try to add a 29th texture, it breaks your 28th texture? It would be less unusual if the 29th texture just didn't work, but I don't know why it would break the one before it.

Exactly that. When I create a texture, the one before that (that was shown until it happens) gets broken.

Edit: looks like it's an intermittent problem. Yesterday, I ran it alone (I was at work, and have some open apps) and it goes just right.

The fact that I ran it in a laptop means anything? (WinXP, Intel Celeron 1.86GHz, 1GB RAM, Mobile Intel GMA X3100 graphics chip)

[Edited by - astorga on November 11, 2010 5:49:28 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement