Which GUI toolkit for editor?

Started by
25 comments, last by Chetanhl 13 years, 5 months ago
Quote:Original post by phresnel
Quote:Original post by 3Xist3nZ
Actually its handled by qmake, Qts build system. You can also use qmake with VisualStudio or make/nmake files.

cmake has a pretty good qt-support as well and handles all that precompiler stuff.

No, with QtCreator, you don't have to invoke qmake by hand.
Yes, and leading further, actually rcc, moc and uic handle the stuff.

Sidenote: I am not a begginer in Qt, and have also hacked on qmake to let it spit out Automake compatible filelists (though I haven't requested a merge with mainline yet, dunno if they want it)

ok, in this sense you are right, you dont have to invoke qmake by hand.

I never digged very deep into QtCreator, because we dont use it for production code (we still use plain qmake with VS on windows and make on linux). So you are probably a few steps ahead :)

I just played a bit with it and noticed that QtCreator creates the exact same *.pro files i am used to write manually :)
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by 3Xist3nZ
ok, in this sense you are right, you dont have to invoke qmake by hand.

I guess we are both not wrong :)

I just wanted to say, with QtCreator you get the full stack integrated without the user being required to manually run the compilers, just so that no wrong impression is delivered from this thread :D

Quote:I just played a bit with it and noticed that QtCreator creates the exact same *.pro files i am used to write manually :)

I guess that's because the basic syntax is dead simple :)
Quote:Original post by Slavik81
Quote:Original post by theOcelot
Quote:Original post by BearhuggerIn addition, you have to use a pre-compiler so your code is not fully stand-alone.

Cite please. Google tells me nothing about this:
qt build precompiler.

He's referring to the Qt moc (Meta-Object Compiler). It's a pre-processor that generates the code supporting the QObject type system, as well as Qt Signals and Slots.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.
Thanks for all your answers guys:)

I will check out QT the next weeks and if I manage to successfully integrate D3D11 into QT I will stay with it and will be happy that I don't have to write tons of Interop code;)

BTW: SeaBourne, I have sent you a PM.
Um... which GUI toolkit for C (not C++ or C#)?
Quote:Original post by szecs
Um... which GUI toolkit for C (not C++ or C#)?

Gtk+
If it helps i recently start a map editor using managed & unmanged C++.
Managed C++ - For GUI, utilizing ease of Winforms
Native C++ - DirectX Engine Code

I am not using any wrapper dll etc, everything is a part of single project compiling with /clr option.

It worked well for me. I don't have to manage 3 projects required in case of c# or write wrappers etc.

Here a screenshot -

[Edited by - Chetanhl on November 13, 2010 3:54:36 PM]

My Game Development Blog : chetanjags.wordpress.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement