breakout

Started by
8 comments, last by Zakwayda 13 years, 5 months ago
well I am almost finished with my breakout game.I wanted to add "bells and whisltes" but am unsure of what to add.any ideas would be helpful.
Advertisement
> USE POLISH ON BREAKOUT
????
Congrats on being almost finished :) Here are some things you could add if you haven't already:

- Sound effects
- Music
- Scoring
- A 'high score' feature
- A main menu
- Options for sound/music volume, resolution, windowed/fullscreen, etc.
Quote:Original post by phil67rpg
TL;DR
Polish your game: Add animations, add sound, smooth out menu transitions, and make everything about your game flow smoothly.
thanks jyk I am going to incorporate some sound effects.do you know where I can find some cool wav files.
thanks jyk I am going to incorporate some sound effects.do you know where I can find some cool wav files.
This might be a good place to start. You could also try Googling for (e.g.) 'free sound effects'.

Also, there was an application floating around online at one point that generated random, 'old school' video game sound effects; if you can find that, that might be a good choice for a simple 'Breakout' game.
Quote:Original post by jyk
Also, there was an application floating around online at one point that generated random, 'old school' video game sound effects;
sfxr and as3sfxr?
where can I find info. on including audio in my game.
where can I find info. on including audio in my game.
You're using DirectX, right? If so, try Googling 'directx audio'.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement