Sign in to follow this  
jpalz

How many companies should I apply to for an internship?

jpalz    101
Hi everyone!

I'm currently applying for an Intern Programming position at several studios. So far I've sent my resumes to 5 companies.
My question is: how many companies should I apply to?

I know it may sound like a dumb question, but I read somewhere (I don't remember where, but it seemed like a reliable source) that companies could do a cross-checking to see if a person was just spamming the market with resumes, that's why I've only applied to 5 so far. If this a misconception, please enlighten me.

Thank you!

P.S: Also, usually how long does it take for companies to get in touch with you, in case they're interested?

Tom Sloper    16040
Quote:
Original post by jpalz
1. I read somewhere... that companies could do a cross-checking to see if a person was just spamming the market with resumes
2. usually how long does it take for companies to get in touch with you, in case they're interested?

1. I don't see how it's possible to do that. The way I know somebody's spammed me is that they address me by the other company's name, or I can see multiple addresses in the To: field in the email. Otherwise, no company has access to other companies' applications files.
2. Could be a few days, could be months.