World to screen coordinates - once again

Started by
-1 comments, last by afkboard 13 years, 5 months ago
Hi, I have couple of questions related to finding OpenGL world coordinates mapping in the real screen coordinates, I know there are many tuts out there, but I can't make it happen..

I initialize my world like this:

gl.glDisable(GL10.GL_DITHER);gl.glEnable(GL10.GL_TEXTURE_2D);gl.glClearColor(0f, 0f, 0f, 0.5f);gl.glShadeModel(GL10.GL_SMOOTH);gl.glClearDepthf(1.0f);gl.glEnable(GL10.GL_DEPTH_TEST);gl.glDepthFunc(GL10.GL_LEQUAL);gl.glEnable(GL10.GL_BLEND);gl.glHint(GL10.GL_PERSPECTIVE_CORRECTION_HINT, GL10.GL_NICEST);gl.glViewport(0, 0, width, height);gl.glMatrixMode(GL10.GL_PROJECTION);gl.glLoadIdentity();		GLU.gluPerspective(gl, 45.0f, (float) width / (float) height, 0.1f, 100.0f);gl.glMatrixMode(GL10.GL_MODELVIEW);gl.glLoadIdentity();

The code is Java. It works fine.

Then I set the vertice for a rectangle I want to draw like this:

private float[] vertices = {	-1.0f, 1.0f, 0,	-1.0f, -1.0f, 0,	1.0f, -1.0f, 0,	1.0f, 1.0f, 0};

And draw the rectangle like this:

gl.glPushMatrix();// pay attention heregl.glTranslatef(mx, my,  0);				gl.glScalef(0.3, 0.3, 0.3);				gl.glBindTexture(GL10.GL_TEXTURE_2D, textures[0]);gl.glFrontFace(GL10.GL_CCW);gl.glEnable(GL10.GL_CULL_FACE);gl.glCullFace(GL10.GL_BACK);		gl.glEnableClientState(GL10.GL_VERTEX_ARRAY);gl.glEnableClientState(GL10.GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY);		gl.glVertexPointer(3, GL10.GL_FLOAT, 0, vertexBuffer);gl.glTexCoordPointer(2, GL10.GL_FLOAT, 0, textureBuffer);gl.glEnable(GL10.GL_BLEND);gl.glBlendFunc(GL10.GL_SRC_ALPHA,GL10.GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA);gl.glDrawElements(GL10.GL_TRIANGLES, indicies.length, GL10.GL_UNSIGNED_SHORT, indexBuffer);		gl.glDisableClientState(GL10.GL_VERTEX_ARRAY);gl.glDisableClientState(GL10.GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY);gl.glDisable(GL10.GL_CULL_FACE);

Then I want to set mx and my to screen coordinates, like: 240, 120 (pixels). And then I translate those values into 'opengl' world like this:

mx = (realx - (displayWidth()/2f)) * (2f / displayHeight());my = displayHeight() - realy) - (displayHeight()/2)) * (1.5f/displayHeight());

The 'y' is ALMOST correct, but X is far from correct. I sow this kind of transformation somewhere, but it seems that it doesn't work due to the scaling and translate staff I've set.

According to this scenario, what is the easy way to set position of Rect in real screen coordinate system (like setPosition(240, 120) and then call needed transformation methods)?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement