3ds max questions.

Started by
0 comments, last by ryguy4377 13 years, 5 months ago
Hello,

I have some questions regarding 3ds max 2011, that i thought some of you could answer.

I made a model and animated it using bones, now I just want to get it to .b3d format, but 3ds max dont support export for max, so what should I do?

I tried to export it to .x format and then load it into Fragmotion but it messed up my model, and 3ds dont support animation does it?

And is it possible to make 3ds max automaticly make an unwraped uvw map with the textures i have already applied?

Thanks in advance,
Fennris

Advertisement
I'm not sure about getting it to .b3d format with animations intact, but as far as creating a uv map automatically from applied materials I'd recommend that you look into max's render to texture utility. Using the RTT dialog you can bake any applied materials into a texture based on either a uv map you create yourself, or one created automatically by max (auto-unwrap is an option that can also be found in the render to texture dialog).

I'm still using max 2008 so I can't say for sure whether this has changed or not, but the render to texture dialog should be under the "Rendering" menu.

Anyways, hope that helps.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement