The philosophy behind bringing a social gamer to the core experience - plus more

Started by
3 comments, last by Acharis 13 years, 5 months ago
Hey guys.

Over the past week I've whipped up a podcast of sorts. I was planning on writing a large amount of words and pasting them, but no one likes to decipher walls. Instead, I've spent the last week whipping up a podcast with a domain to go with it.

ProTour

Here's a quick snip-it for those who are interested:

"Halo: Reach, Gears of War 3, Medal of Honor, Call of Duty: MW2, Call of Duty: BO, League of Legends, DoW 2 - it's all here! I talk about the philosophy behind bringing a social gamer to the core experience, the sandbox and how it must be keenly balanced, and other current topics, such as the controversy of bloom in Halo: Reach, the noob helper mode being added to Gears of War 3, and how it all ties together. Plus much, much more."

It's essentially brainstorming and commenting about the design and development behind video games.

If you guys could leave some feedback, either here or at the email listed, it would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisement
Well, I think you've got a great radio voice/podcast voice, but the content of what you're talking doesn't appeal to me personally, thought I'm sure someone out there would get a kick out of what you're talking about.
Quote:Original post by BRVII
I was planning on writing a large amount of words and pasting them, but no one likes to decipher walls.
If the content deals with facts, logic and concrete arguments, I personally feel podcasts are an utter waste of time unless the content specifically requires audio or video presentation. Text works. Text can be read at your own pace, quoted, and corrected. Faults in it are much more easily apparent. In fact, I feel podcasts are in vogue exactly because they allow the podcaster to babble nonsense and trivialities without the majority of the audience being able to spot the lack of substance. Many people want to say something; only a few have something to say.

So you could say I disagree with "no one likes to decipher walls". It is only a "wall" if you are unable to write clearly. It only has to be "deciphered" if you unable to write clearly or the content is very deep - and in the latter case it would certainly not fare well in a podcast.
So you gonna make weekly podcasts ?

This one in particular was somewhat interesting, although i don't play Halo or CoD.
Maybe next time you can talk more about something more consistent. Picking apart sandbox things is not a real deal.
Try to analyse the philosophy behind modern games, in the busy days.
Quote:Original post by BRVII
I was planning on writing a large amount of words and pasting them, but no one likes to decipher walls. Instead,
Huh? Reading is like 20 times faster than listening to podcasts. Especially when you scan the text first and ommit boring paragraphs. At least to game designers, we are typically bookworms you know :D

Stellar Monarch (4X, turn based, released): GDN forum topic - Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement