Subversion + TortoiseSVN ? Project sharing

Started by
1 comment, last by rip-off 13 years, 5 months ago
Hi
After reading lots of docs, i still have no idea how to do some 'thing' i was able to do with SourceSafe with 2 clicks. Now i need to do it with Subversion.

What i alerdy done and where i got stuck:
1. Created repo, where i placed:
- CommonLib
- PrjA
- PrjB

* CommonLib has code used by PrjA and PrjB

What i want to do is to have separate branches of CommonLib for PrjA and PrjB, but have no idea how to do it :(
Every time i checkout PrjA and PrjB from Repo, i can not force subversion to create branch of CommonLib at any of this projects.

Thanks for help...

"The Gods Made Heavy Metal And They Saw That It Was Good They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell We Promised That We WouldWhen Losers Say Its Over With You Know That It's A Lie The Gods Made Heavy Metal And It's Never Gonna Die"THE GODS MADE HEAVY METAL/by ManOwaR
Advertisement
Made one more step, still need answer will it work ok when it cames to merge projects.

Here what ive done:
1. At repo-browser added "branch" directory to CommonLib
2. At branch subdir created another 2 subdires prj_a, prj_b
3. branched commonlib to /branch/prj_a and /branch/prj_b
4. then from repo-browser used checkout at each of subdirs ( prj_a and prj_b ) and pointed it to it's directories where prj_a, prj_b should be.

How i expect this to work?
When i make changes to commonlib at prj_a and prj_b, i will be able to merge commonlib main branch with this 2 from prj_a and prj_b.

Will my solution work as expected??
Thanks for any help

"The Gods Made Heavy Metal And They Saw That It Was Good They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell We Promised That We WouldWhen Losers Say Its Over With You Know That It's A Lie The Gods Made Heavy Metal And It's Never Gonna Die"THE GODS MADE HEAVY METAL/by ManOwaR
Quote:
How i expect this to work?

If you used svn copy at step 3, then it should work fine.

Quote:
When i make changes to commonlib at prj_a and prj_b, i will be able to merge commonlib main branch with this 2 from prj_a and prj_b.

Yes.

Quote:
Will my solution work as expected??

I believe so.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement