Creating 3D models for use in game

Started by
1 comment, last by raimondi1337 13 years, 4 months ago
I wanted to add a custom gun to my UDK test map, so i looked for a good 3D modelling program and decided to use Blender. I learned enough to make a decent looking gun, but thats as far as i can go, just the mesh.

What do i need to do to finish the model to make it usable in UDK? I dont really care about textureing yet i just want to place it in my level, pick it up, and shoot it, but i cant find any tutorials that dont assume i have a completed model.
Advertisement
If you have a mesh, what's the difference between that and a "completed" model?
Why can't you place it in your level (assuming you render other meshes)?

You need to provide a bit more information about the problem you're trying to solve.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the forums for everyone's benefit, and I can embarrass myself publicly.

You don't forget how to play when you grow old; you grow old when you forget how to play.

Quote:Original post by Buckeye
If you have a mesh, what's the difference between that and a "completed" model?
Why can't you place it in your level (assuming you render other meshes)?

You need to provide a bit more information about the problem you're trying to solve.

its just a 3D shape with no properties. I dont know how i would get it to be held correctly or have animation for different actions or any of that. i have 3D shape, thats it, might as well be made of clay.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement