Pokemon ... Yu-Gi-Oh ... What's the best trading card battle game?

Started by
12 comments, last by toony 13 years, 4 months ago
I've been thinking about trying out one of these card games. Are there any simple enough for elementary children to pick up?
Advertisement
Quote:
Are there any simple enough for elementary children to pick up?

If you hadn't said this, I would have suggested Magic: The Gathering.
I've played it a few years ago, when I was about 14-15 or so. Even if I stopped playing it, in my eyes it is still the greatest trading card game around. Yu-Gi-Oh has always been too "childish" for me. Lot's of unimaginative colorful and badly painted cards (Just my opinion!). Pokemon was way better than Yu-Gi-Oh, but I enjoyed it more on my Gameboy.

That said, the rules of magic are maybe a bit complicated. But you should definitely look into it.
I did love Magic: The Gathering too, when I played it many years ago. Again not sure how well it'd work with elementary school kids though, as I was a bit older.
Magic is the original trading card battle game that started all these spin-off and the most balanced and complete. Still have an active community after all these years.
I was in elementary school when I started playing Magic, it's definitely the most fun CCG I've played
Magic is my favorite. It has in fact been played a lot by school kids until the Pokemon/Yugioh rage took off.
Magic is head and shoulders above any other game in its genre.
And another vote for Magic the Gathering.
Thanks guys. Hope everyone with a holiday around this time has had a great time!

So, I'm gathering that Magic is the best, but Yu-Gi-Oh might be the least complicated... Much appreciated. Any other advice would be welcome.
My siblings and I played the Pokemon card game when we were quite young (8-15), and it was simple enough for us to pick up. It was quite fun, and this thread makes me think I should try Magic. Too bad I don't have any geeky friends any more.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement