Sign in to follow this  
DreamCycle

Need help setting up enet

Hello!

I'm trying to set up enet, but I seem to fail. I'm running ubuntu 10.10 and using NetBeans as IDE. I installed enet,linked it to the IDE, but it displays some strange errors:

/home/dreamcycle/Desktop/enet/main.cpp:6: undefined reference to `enet_initialize'
/home/dreamcycle/Desktop/enet/main.cpp:11: undefined reference to `enet_deinitialize'
/home/dreamcycle/Desktop/enet/main.cpp:28: undefined reference to `enet_host_create'
/home/dreamcycle/Desktop/enet/main.cpp:37: undefined reference to `enet_host_destroy'

I've seen these errors before and they were from the SDL (I forgot to add -lSDL_image and -lSDL_ttf to hmm... I don't know how its called ... g++ command) .

Any ideas?

Or maybe suggestions for another net library? (I'll use it for my backgammon - I'll try to make it a multiplayer server-client type)

Thanks in advance :)

Yours,
Ivelin Penchev

[Edited by - DreamCycle on November 29, 2010 12:44:05 PM]

This question would be perfect on the NetBeans forums, given that this is a problem to get your NetBeans IDE to include the Enet library when building. (That, or you're compiling with the wrong language flavor, like 'extern "C"' for C++)