Sign in to follow this  
3shirtlessmen

Unity Questions about SVN

Hi Community,

I've recently been hired by a small business to assist in programming their product (primarily PHP / MYSQL, Netbeans as my IDE) - and, long story short, their production environment is the same as their development environment (bad).

One of the first things I want to help setup is SVN with a development box.

I know about Tortoise, Source Tree, Subversion, and a few trailers ...

I'm not up to speed with any of them as far as actually USING them, and I except answers similar to "to each their own", which is ok. Are there are large differences between the solutions?

Thanks!

TSM

[Edited by - 3shirtlessmen on November 29, 2010 2:32:27 PM]

What are you asking? Do you want SVN on the server, or are you looking for a good version control server?

Are you just asking about the client of choice? Or perhaps you are asking about the whole setup, including managing the other members of your team, who might not have any idea about version control?

I suppose I hadn't given this as much thought as I should have ...

SVN on the server, WITH good version control ....

Obviously the first, and the latter does come into play. However once I get a hold of it I'll be able to train accordingly.

Directions. Repository administration is chapter 5.

However, may I humbly suggest that you consider using one of the distributed VCS's, like git, mercurial, or bazaar? I don't think you'll look back. Besides other cool features, they typically make setting up a server pretty painless.