Sign in to follow this  
EdBoon

top down shoot um up project online

So I posted here a while back 5 months ago or so and explained a project i had going which was my first game development project, although I have been coding for a couple years. it was a platform survival horror. I switched a lot of the aspects of the game and changed to directly top down. I was using c++ with allegro and Mappy but i have since moved to XNA but coded everything else myself with help from a few tutorials so I would know how all the functions and such would work. Mappy was creating confusion and i didn't need all of its functionality anyways so i started over with that. Anyway we have a youtube page with some videos but the one showing the most gameplay aspects is titled Undead Empire - The Last Stand. the others just are videos to show progress within the group, and the new map art we recently acquired.

I still have a couple months left and i want to add online multi player to play with friends which is most of what is remaining. Any comments/criticism is more than welcome, thanks!

www.youtube.com/user/BigRookGames

video update!

meant to run in 1080p but screen capture wouldn't get enough fps so turned it down to 720p. Also changing the resolution messed w the map scroll a bit.

changed a lot since last time, also got new character portrait art done!

4 player code is done and works too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiZLlf7qNdY

[Edited by - EdBoon on December 5, 2010 9:23:38 AM]

Sign in to follow this