Collision detection between two animated models

Started by
0 comments, last by Buckeye 13 years, 4 months ago
I'm using c++ and directx trying to make collisions between two animated models using bounding boxes on every part of my character body arms head legs can someone hint me how to do this or link to a tutorial can't find anything about this topic on google [depressed] Any help will be appreciated [smile]
Advertisement
First hint: use punctuation capital letters cuz its difficult to read what youre trying to say you run everything together lots of words about body arms head legs do you expect technical information? [smile]

Second hint: Assuming you want to use oriented bounding boxes (OBB) for collision detection each frame, transform each bounding box by the bone's final transform. Test those OBBs for collision against each other. If you google for "OBB collision" you'll get plenty of hits to look over.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the forums for everyone's benefit, and I can embarrass myself publicly.

You don't forget how to play when you grow old; you grow old when you forget how to play.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement