Alright My ultimate goal is to make my own indie company and make the games I want.

Started by
13 comments, last by demonkoryu 13 years, 4 months ago
Quote:Original post by shurcool
Make sure you're well familiar with the Dunning-Kruger effect. Start by reading this paper.

Brilliant! I never knew it had a name.

But the ignorant can have brilliant ideas - unfettered by reality, which can lead to amazing software.
Whereas the smart degree-holding brains are often completely caged and incapable of thinking freely at all - because they are blinkered by knowledge.

OP: Enter Microsoft DBP 2011 and try and win $40,000 ... if you don't win you will have something for your portfolio ...

Remember the biggest selling XNA game on XBOX is a 2D clone of robotron with a good music track that would take me about 5 days to write ... if I could overcome the boredom of writing such a game.

[Edited by - skytiger on December 4, 2010 4:03:28 PM]
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by skytiger
OP: Enter Microsoft DBP 2011 and try and win $40,000 ... if you don't win you will have something for your portfolio ...

And something you can put on XBLIG and make money even if you don't win DBP. It's a win-win.

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development

What's that? A google search brings up absolutely nothing for me.
Quote:Original post by KhanstructWe've just launched a demo of our game on Facebook about a week after our investor told us that he was dropping us (again, rare, as normally they'd want something out of the quarter-million dollars they put into us).

If that isn't what you call an "angel investor", I don't know who is.
Quote:Original post by Assyranok

What's that? A google search brings up absolutely nothing for me.

It's an (obviously not very common) akronym for Dream Build Play.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement