• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

integrating custom xml read and write classes into pipeline

This topic is 2635 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everybody!

I'm almost done with my game :) and I would like to create a demo for my friends to sorta beta test. The problem I've run into is when I publish the game and run the setup.exe it crashes, and I think its because, I've created a custom write and read classes. Which create and read from a xml file. Which work beautifully when just debugging, but it writes the xml file to bin\x86\Debug folder.

I don't know how to get it to write to the content folder. Or integrate it into the content pipeline, if I even need to. Searching the forums and Google I didn't find anything that helps me with already made read and write classes.

Can I use the classes I already made or do I have to start over?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks for reading.

Advertisement
Well searching for a few hours finally gave me a solution. I'm amazed, its actually quite simple, and if I didn't jump the gun and post here I'm sure I would of found it a little sooner, and didn't have to bother everyone here.

I just had to load the file into the content folder like a normal texture. Change its properties, build action to "none", copy to output directory to "copy if newer".

In the load and save classes I just had to change the directory to @"Contents\Board.xml" from just "Board.xml", and blam it works great.

Thanks to everyone who read this.

I'd post the link to the forum post, but its at another site, and I think that is frowned upon.

Quote:

I'd post the link to the forum post, but its at another site, and I think that is frowned upon.

Nope, quite the opposite. Sharing knowledge is great.

Well that is nice to know.

and here is the link:

http://forums.create.msdn.com/forums/p/60473/372114.aspx#372114

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement