If you like Martial Arts movies, you'll love this one: Arahan

Started by
5 comments, last by oliii 13 years, 4 months ago
I just hooked it on TV. It's called Arahan jangpung daejakjeon.

It's a Korean production and to be honest, is one of the best I've seen so far. It mixes Martial arts that traditional asian ridiculous humor in a very lovely way.
The asian girl is also a candy.

See it and then tell me what you think!

">.

[Edited by - owl on December 2, 2010 8:26:49 PM]
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Advertisement
^^Link added
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Sold.

We'll be watching it this weekend. I'll tell you what we think.
I'm stil geting around to watch Ninja Assassin, but I'll check it out...

But to paraphrase Orson Welles...they should throw away the title and keep the film. lmao
I was browsing my Netflix the other day and came across a gem called Ip Man. Also worth checking out.
Cool. I will check it out, Owl.

It's funny that you made this thread because a few days before I re-watched 36 chambers of shoalin as well as the shaolin temple (1982-Jet Li).

And Zipster, thanks for the heads up. I will definitely check this out soon since it is ready to be streamed on my netflix.

Also, to add to the recommendations, Ong Bak Thai Warrior is pretty decent too. Both that and its sequel are available for streaming on netflix (I've not seen the sequel though).

As far as Arahan jangpung daejakjeon goes, it does not come up in netflix search so I will have to figure out how I can watch it.
The sequel to Ong Bak is really brutal. It's mainly him beating up locals to a pulp and not much else. Lots of bone crunching moments, and descends to madness at the end. Weird elephant obsession.

EDIT : strike that. I think I've been watching the wrong film. Yeah, it's The Protector.

Everything is better with Metal.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement