Game Development Complete Walkthrough [3rd Phase - Choosing Complier]

Started by
3 comments, last by Tom Sloper 13 years, 4 months ago
This is a thread dedicated for a complete step-to-step walkthrough for game development. I'm myself currently just a novice in the field. However, with the help I hope to receive from this community and with the ambitious me I hope to progress in game developing, and as I make progress myself I will update this thread and add all neccecery information for future young developers to follow. So I'll be depending on you forum, and thanks in advance.
Just for the curious of you, I already have a specific game project I'm going to work on when I'm at least finished covering the fundemental basics. If you interested you can PM or further infornmation. However, I won't reveal much and I'll start recruiting people only after I've made some decent progress with the project itself.

Choosing Language; Cpp
  • Cpp -

• C -

Choosing Platform; Windows
  • Windows -

• DOS -

Choosing Complier; What is the best complier?

[Edited by - Kurotsuki on December 3, 2010 10:20:19 AM]
Advertisement
So yeah people, what is the best C++ Compiler in windows?
The forums aren't the place for this sort of content. Additionally, guides, walkthroughs, and tutorials should definitely not be written by someone who doesn't have a strong grasp of the subject matter and experience in using it in real-world projects. Your questions show that you have neither.

Required reading.
Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX
Quote:Original post by Mike.Popoloski
The forums aren't the place for this sort of content. Additionally, guides, walkthroughs, and tutorials should definitely not be written by someone who doesn't have a strong grasp of the subject matter and experience in using it in real-world projects. Your questions show that you have neither.

Required reading.

The point of this thread is to write the steps according all the opinions given by the people. I know the question is quite dump, and I know visual studio is the best complier for windows and DevCpp is really good too, I just wanted to hear other pinions. To tell you the truth I'm not a complete novice I have some (not that much tho)experience with C++ but I forgot must by now as its been years since the last time I done anything with C++.
Quote:Original post by Kurotsuki
Quote:Original post by Mike.Popoloski
The forums aren't the place for this sort of content. Additionally, guides, walkthroughs, and tutorials should definitely not be written by someone who doesn't have a strong grasp of the subject matter and experience in using it in real-world projects.

The point of this thread is to write the steps according all the opinions given by the people.

So do it someplace else. Start a blog. Closed.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement