Sign in to follow this  
VRAndy

Anyone with T3D experience?

I need some advice and I'm hoping someone here might know something that can help me. Let me explain my problem :

I'm trying to create an application in Torque3d that features some custom rendering.

I'm going to need a custom object that has a surface rendered through a custom, multi-pass rendering process that will involve at least one render-to-texture intermediary stage.
I'm attempting to use ShaderFeatures for this, but we are encountering a number of difficulties stemming from my lack of understanding of torque's "ShaderGen" system and how textures are assigned, loaded, bound, etc.

The immediate issue is that I want to assign a new texture attribute to my shaderFeature, that can be set by putting a filename entry into the appropriate materials.cs file, but I have not found a smooth way of doing this.

My larger problem is that I'm not sure if I'm attacking the problem in the right, or "recommended" way.

Needless to say, I'm not finding this ... easy. If anyone has experience with custom rendering solutions in Torque3d, I'd love to hear about them. Or any other hints or tips anyone might have.

Thanks.

-Andy