Sign in to follow this  
VISQI

C++ to C#

VISQI    113
hey guys
i would like to start learning XNA game studio, but the thing is that i only know c++(very well) and have zero experience in C#. i know that every C language is similar but i do need some pointers. Is there any books or advises on how to get this thing going??
P.S: i do have a fair knowledge DirectX, and will start my quest with "Microsoft XNA Game Studio Creator's Guide, Second Edition" by Stephan Cawood and Pat McGee if that matters at all.
Appreciate the help guys
thx

VISQI    113
gonna start digging in it, but it is a LOT to read(256 pages!!). Is the XNA game studio really need full knowledge of C# and .NET or can i start learning XNA and pick up the .NET on the way????
thanks again

SirViver    136
Please be aware that C# is a completely different language than C++. They may share a common letter in their name and their basic syntax is vaguely similar, but overall C# is a lot closer to Java than it is to C++. Just make sure you clear your head of any preconceptions and treat this as a completely new thing to learn. It will make your life easier in the long term if you don't try to follow C++ paradigms while coding C# [smile]