Believersfund - get your game funded by the crowd

Started by
7 comments, last by dysphoric 13 years, 4 months ago
Hi,

Believersfund is a crowdfunding organization that will help you to fund your project (in this case a game) by the crowd. This crowd consists of so-called 'believers', which are people interested in your project.
In exchange for granting these believers a special service (e.g. a better price, more options for your application, your game in pre-sale at a lower fee, etc...) you will receive funding for your project (typically between €5,000 - €20,000) using our milestone system that gets the believers involved.

We focus on:

- Mobile applications

- Web development

- GAME DEVELOPMENT

If you are interested, you can find more information on our website

http://www.believersfund.com

Submitting your game can be done for a special fee using this coupon code:
BF-BE-CM-05

For more information, you can always send an e-mail to: believersfund05@gmail.com or check out our website
Kaspar ChabotCommunity Managerhttp://www.believersfund.com
Advertisement
can I submit games done in unity 3d? I mean mostly webplayer games
Moving you to Your Announcements.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Something about this doesn't quite work in my mind;

1) Am I correct in assuming that each milestone is funded entirely through 'believer' contributions?
2) If you don't allow game developers to self-publish their work, how are they supposed to actually sell it at the end?
Quote:Original post by Nikolay116
can I submit games done in unity 3d? I mean mostly webplayer games

As we focus on both web development and game development, all programming languages etc... will be accepted.
Quote:Original post by ambershee
Something about this doesn't quite work in my mind;

1) Am I correct in assuming that each milestone is funded entirely through 'believer' contributions?
2) If you don't allow game developers to self-publish their work, how are they supposed to actually sell it at the end?

1) Yes, every milestone has the possiblity be entirely funded through people believing in your project. Advertising and spreading your project is still recommended because you need to get people behind your project

2) We are not selling your game. All we do is help you to get your game started. The funds you receive will be used to develop your game. This means that the game is entirely in your hands. After you have developed it (using our service) you can publish your game anywhere, you just make a 'deal' with your believers. If you have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, check out our website http://www.believersfund.com and take a look at one of our currently running projects.

I am not quite convinced this is something I'd like to take on, but maybe I don't understand the concept properly, and then everybody has different needs and feelings. So, best luck with this :-)
Quote:Original post by Believersfund05
you just make a 'deal' with your believers.

So in reality they control more of your project than just dropping a little investment? If I were to invest into a project that I feel has potential and then turn around and decide I don't like a 'deal'; then what? Perhaps you could have a FAQ or explain how the process actually works from a developer standpoint and an investors standpoint. Right now I feel there are more answers than questions because it wasn't properly explained. Do I really have that much power over a project if I invest $500, $1,000, etc? To be honest any little bit helps, but that is not really a huge investment when you consider the cost of the programmer alone. Even for $1,000 your talking perhaps ~10 hours of work? What about other developers, graphics artists, marketing, etc.?

1) What should a developer expect?
2) What should an investor expect?
3) What are the legal rights for the developer?
4) What are the legal rights for the investor?
5) What is a 'deal'?
6) What happens when a decision on a 'deal' can't be met?
7) What happens when a project is never completed?
8) What happens when milestones are not met or project plans change?
9) etc.

[EDIT]
I just seen where the developer(s) get 70% of the revenue. Does this essentially mean that 15% of my products revenue goes to someone who made a $1,000 investment? I could see giving up 30% of my revenue IF it was an investor/investors that funded my entire project, but not someone in this situation.

Like I said though, I could be over thinking this and I could be wrong. I'm just trying to look at it from a business perspective. Sure it sounds great to an eager developer, but for someone who has any kind of business background they should see red flags/conflicts.
Quote:Original post by UltimaX
Quote:Original post by Believersfund05
you just make a 'deal' with your believers.

So in reality they control more of your project than just dropping a little investment? If I were to invest into a project that I feel has potential and then turn around and decide I don't like a 'deal'; then what? Perhaps you could have a FAQ or explain how the process actually works from a developer standpoint and an investors standpoint. Right now I feel there are more answers than questions because it wasn't properly explained. Do I really have that much power over a project if I invest $500, $1,000, etc? To be honest any little bit helps, but that is not really a huge investment when you consider the cost of the programmer alone. Even for $1,000 your talking perhaps ~10 hours of work? What about other developers, graphics artists, marketing, etc.?

1) What should a developer expect?
2) What should an investor expect?
3) What are the legal rights for the developer?
4) What are the legal rights for the investor?
5) What is a 'deal'?
6) What happens when a decision on a 'deal' can't be met?
7) What happens when a project is never completed?
8) What happens when milestones are not met or project plans change?
9) etc.

[EDIT]
I just seen where the developer(s) get 70% of the revenue. Does this essentially mean that 15% of my products revenue goes to someone who made a $1,000 investment? I could see giving up 30% of my revenue IF it was an investor/investors that funded my entire project, but not someone in this situation.

Like I said though, I could be over thinking this and I could be wrong. I'm just trying to look at it from a business perspective. Sure it sounds great to an eager developer, but for someone who has any kind of business background they should see red flags/conflicts.

Well, I must admit, when I took this job, at first it all seemed a bit odd to me as well, but since we started (a few weeks ago) the first believers started to come in, especially on this project. (which is not a game) and it made me believe in crowdfunding.

http://www.believersfund.com/projects/project/the-new-trade

This is our FAQ section:

http://www.believersfund.com/how-it-works/general-questions

For a game, I'll try to make an example:

These are your milestones:

- Making a basic version of your game. The first few levels, but still, a complete, working game

- Adding levels, graphical improvements, cool sounds and music.

- Raise money for launching your game internationally

As, you can see, these milestones add up, if you only make 1 or 2 out of 3 milestones, you already have the game, you will have something usable, which means there is no work or money wasted.

Donation system:

- 10$: Access to more in-game features + 20% discount on the game
- 25$: All of the above + a free copy of the game
- 50$: All of the above + 3 copies of the game
- 100$: All of the above + 50% discount on future releases
- 500$: All of the above + an in-game advertisement

Making it through one or more milestones means this:
Great, you made it! Now get your believers help you in promoting and selling your product and service. You keep 70% of all sales generated on our platform for your project. We give 15% to the believers that helped you funding your project. Fair, isn't it?

Otherwise, if you fail getting enough believers to reach your first milestone:
What happens when a project fails to realize a second or third milestone?

Project funding ends, and pledged pre-orders by believers in a previous milestone remain valid and need to be fulfilled by the project owner.

Submitting your game can be done for a special fee using this coupon code:
BF-BE-CM-05

I hope this clears things up.
If you still have any questions, feel free to ask.

Your disclaimer is an empty page......

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement