Question about program with a backend database

Started by
1 comment, last by Radan 13 years, 4 months ago
Let's say I write a program in C++ - a system for a videoshop. I write the program and the backend database using mySQL.

Now, if I wanted to install this on another machine does MySQL need to be installed?

My other question is this... when you create tables with data in MySQL, where on earth does this get stored on the machine? I'm working on a macbook and confuzzled!

Advertisement
Quote:Now, if I wanted to install this on another machine does MySQL need to be installed?
The program needs to connect to some, properly set up, MySQL database. If you aren't connecting to a remote database, then MySQL must be installed on the local machine.

Quote:when you create tables with data in MySQL, where on earth does this get stored on the machine?
Files on the machine. They are managed by MySQL.
Yes, MySQL also needs to be installed.

I think SQLite can built into your exe and just use one flat file for database storage, thus making a nicer alternative if you want to simplify installation process.

MySQL stores databases in files placed wherever you told it to place itself when installing MySQL. It has it's own structure, loosely speaking, one table is stored in one or more files.
-----------------Always look on the bright side of Life!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement