toggle fullscreen with glfw

Started by
0 comments, last by ChugginWindex 13 years, 4 months ago
pretty simple question, how do i toggle full screen with glfw? i tried calling glfwOpenWindow with GLFW_FULLSCREEN passed to it but it doesn't seem to be working. cant find anything that specifys how to toggle fullscreen so im asking here.

here is the code im working with
#include <GL/gl.h>#include <GL/glu.h>#include <GL/glfw.h>#include <IL/il.h>#include <IL/ilu.h>#include <IL/ilut.h>#include <irrKlang/irrKlang.h>#include <iostream>#include <fstream>#include <string>#include <deque>#include <boost/timer.hpp>using namespace irrklang;using boost::timer;int main() {	glfwInit();	if( !glfwOpenWindow( 512, 512, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, GLFW_WINDOW ) ) {        glfwTerminate();        return 0;    }    glfwSetWindowTitle("GLFW Application");	ilInit();	iluInit();	ilutInit();	ilutRenderer(ILUT_OPENGL);	ISoundEngine* engine = createIrrKlangDevice();	engine->play2D("prondisk.xm", true);	glEnable( GL_TEXTURE_2D );	glEnable(GL_BLEND);    glBlendFunc (GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA);    int width, height;    int frame = 0;    bool running = true;    ILuint texid;    GLuint tex;	glGenTextures(1, &tex);	glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, tex);	ilGenImages(1, &texid);	ilBindImage(texid);	ilLoadImage("Zombie.png");	ilConvertImage(IL_RGBA, IL_UNSIGNED_BYTE);	glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);	glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);	glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, ilGetInteger(IL_IMAGE_BPP), ilGetInteger(IL_IMAGE_WIDTH),      ilGetInteger(IL_IMAGE_HEIGHT), 0, ilGetInteger(IL_IMAGE_FORMAT), GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,      ilGetData());	ilDeleteImages(1, &texid);    while(running) {        glfwGetWindowSize( &width, &height );        height = height > 0 ? height : 1;        glViewport( 0, 0, width, height );        glClearColor( 1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f );        glClear( GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT );        glMatrixMode( GL_PROJECTION );        glLoadIdentity();		gluOrtho2D(0,width,height,0);        glMatrixMode( GL_MODELVIEW );        glLoadIdentity();        glBegin(GL_QUADS);		glTexCoord2i(0, 0); glVertex2i(0,   0);		glTexCoord2i(0, 1); glVertex2i(0,   64);		glTexCoord2i(1, 1); glVertex2i(64, 64);		glTexCoord2i(1, 0); glVertex2i(64, 0);		glTexCoord2i(0, 0); glVertex2i(0,   32);		glTexCoord2i(0, 1); glVertex2i(0,   96);		glTexCoord2i(1, 1); glVertex2i(64, 96);		glTexCoord2i(1, 0); glVertex2i(64, 32);		glEnd();        glfwSwapBuffers();        if(glfwGetKey(GLFW_KEY_SPACE)) glfwOpenWindow( width, height, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, GLFW_FULLSCREEN);        running = !glfwGetKey(GLFW_KEY_ESC) && glfwGetWindowParam(GLFW_OPENED);    }    glDeleteTextures(1,&tex);    glfwTerminate();    return 0;}
Advertisement
What do you mean it when you say it doesn't seem to work? What is happening when you hit the spacebar? Is the window being destroyed and the program closing? Is the window staying how it was before you hit spacebar?

Also I believe you need to close a window before you open another one with glfwCloseWindow(). GLFW only deals with single windows as far as I know. Just as a heads up though, doing so will destroy your OGL context so you'll want to make sure any resources that you've allocated through OpenGL are renewed accordingly.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement