Looking for OpenGL 3 bindings for lua

Started by
4 comments, last by doesnotcompute 13 years, 4 months ago
Hi, I've been looking around for some opengl 3 bindings for lua, though the only thing I've found is some bindings for versions 1.1 and 1.3.

I'm starting to think that there aren't any such bindings, but I'm posting here hoping I may have missed one.

Thanks.
Advertisement
I think GeeXLab support everything up to OpenGL 4.1. Tough, it is not just a simple binding.

[Edited by - Kambiz on December 7, 2010 4:18:45 AM]
It's really easy to wire Lua into C. Just make your own bindings.
Amateurs practice until they do it right.Professionals practice until they never do it wrong.
Making your own bindings would be a ton of work. You could check out SWIG though to automate the process.
Quote:Original post by Kambiz
I think GeeXLab support everything up to OpenGL 4.1. Tough, it is not just a simple binding.

Yeah I just wanted a simple binding.

Quote:Original post by TheBuzzSaw
It's really easy to wire Lua into C. Just make your own bindings.

Yeah I was doing that but it was starting to get laborious.

Quote:Original post by doesnotcompute
Making your own bindings would be a ton of work. You could check out SWIG though to automate the process.

Thanks looks good.
Yeah let me know if you have any questions about it (SWIG). I haven't used it with Lua specifically, but I've used it a lot to generate C# bindings for C++ code. I looked into their Lua support a bit and it seemed great (and very easy to use) except it only supports calling C/C++ code from Lua and doesn't help you call Lua code from C which is needed for general game scripting... but for creating an OpenGL wrapper it probably would work well.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement