A little advice required

Started by
4 comments, last by asura_ichi 13 years, 4 months ago
I am cofused as to where exactly should i start when it comes to game development...
im doing my masters in computer programming so learning pogramming is an ongoing process..
i have ome fair knowledge(creating basic apps and stuff)
in C++ , java , learning python and i dont have any problem learning any new languages..
i confused as to should i use a game engine or should i do programming to start as a game developer
ive checked out -
languages -
- XNA
- pygame
platforms -
- UDK
- unity
- game maker
- RPG maker
- worked a little on neo axis as well
- a few more
and i wondering where should i start....
any sugessions would be much appreciated..
also plzz lemme knw wer did u start developing..
- ty

[Edited by - asura_ichi on December 9, 2010 2:33:47 AM]
Advertisement
Just to help you get started: You should pick a language you are comfortable using or that works with the externals you want to use. For myself, I went with C++ and SFML. This page may help you find more topics. And to give you a path to work on: Read This.

Oh, and starting small is the best. As that last article says, polish what you make before you move on. Don't go with functional, go with awesome. You will pick up more tricks of the trade you can use in later projects. I've learned a few things about how sound works in games.
Quote:"im doing my masters"

"also plzz lemme knw wer did u start developing.."

College education isn't what it used to be. ;o

Quote:"im doing my masters"

"also plzz lemme knw wer did u start developing.."

College education isn't what it used to be. ;o

Lol! That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm guessing second language here, but still... :p
I'm in college. Or maybe I just care more about how I'm typing.
i dint mean it in a way to say im qualified above every1 else...
i meant it in comtext that ...
i have sum atleast basic programming knowledge and 1 way or another will be goin into application dev.....
the truth is i am into gaming and want to develop gaming apps...(altho i suk at math).. neways thank for ur help..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement