Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Necrolyte

glCallList() issue

This topic is 2839 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

I am making a program in which I have alot of display lists.

I generate the display lists. Everything is fine.

But when I start calling the display lists with glCallList(); my program's memory usage goes up(from 70MB to 1GB++).

EDIT:After some testing, I found that removing glBegin(); and glEnd(); from my display lists and placing these commands outside of my display lists solved my memory issue.. but significantly lowers my framerate.

[Edited by - Necrolyte on December 11, 2010 7:45:15 AM]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
I have tried GLIntercept but all it does(as far as I know) is log GL calls, displaylists, etc.
This isn't what I need. I know that glCallList(); is somehow using alot of memory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!