Sign in to follow this  
yoni0505

SDL: Multi-threaded DLL without the dependency of msvcr100.dll

Hi, my problem is that I want to create SDL programs that won't have the dependency of "msvcr100.dll" so they can run on other computer without getting the missing DLL. (I'm using visual c++ 2010)

I know I can remove the dependency of "msvcr100.dll" by changing the runtime library to "multi-threaded", but SDL requires "multi-threaded dll" which import "msvcr100.dll".

Help!

The simple solution is to deploy the runtime privately. Simply bundle the DLL with your application in the application directory and it will be properly found.

If that for some odd reason is not good enough, link against the static runtime and link statically against SDL, tainting your application to be under the GPL license.

Or link statically against the runtime and use SDL DLLs, assuming that SDL is designed to work properly with different runtimes in DLLs and EXE (unlikely).

Can you please instruct me how to do that?
I'm pretty sure it's possible, I already saw a simple program which got "SDL.dll" in it's folder but doesn't depend on "msvcr100.dll" to run.

By the way, correct me if I'm wrong but "msvcr100.dll" have to be in the system32 folder. So you can't just place it with the .EXE or else it will give an error when you try to run the program that depend on it.