Sign in to follow this  
mightshade

Presenting OpenClonk Back to the Rocks 1.0

Hey everyone,

today, I want to present you a nice little game: OpenClonk. It is the latest installment of the Clonk series.
Yeah, what to say about Clonk? What, at first look, seems to be a platformer is actually rather a mix of Worms-like action and Settlers-like strategy. Powered by an engine that supports scripting and modding, there's always something new to try. OpenClonk does a lot of things differently from the previous titles, including being developed entirely as an open source project, starting from scratch. It's basically back to the roots of what made Clonk a great game, hence the subtitle of this release.

I'm involved with OpenClonk by helping in the discussion of new gameplay elements - I've played and modded the predecessors a lot, so I can bring in my experience now and then. ;) Furthermore, I am one of the guys behind a general blog about the game series, where we also translate the English announcements and blog posts into German - the original community of the predecessors consisted of Germans mostly.

You can find the release announcement on the OpenClonk blog. More info is available on the game's website.

Sign in to follow this