dynamic 2D flames?

Started by
1 comment, last by SimonForsman 13 years, 4 months ago
I dont know how this would work but Im trying to animate a 2D spaceship that spins for a game but instead of having a set animation for the flames coming out the back of the ship I wanted to make it more dynamic so it doesnt skip but also so it doesnt look like just a flame looking object sticking out the back of the ship. Is there any way this can be done?

I appreciate any and all help, thanks
Advertisement
Yes, there is a way!
Quote:Original post by double O seven
I dont know how this would work but Im trying to animate a 2D spaceship that spins for a game but instead of having a set animation for the flames coming out the back of the ship I wanted to make it more dynamic so it doesnt skip but also so it doesnt look like just a flame looking object sticking out the back of the ship. Is there any way this can be done?

I appreciate any and all help, thanks

The way i did it for one of my first games was to use a particle system for the flames, if your 2D API supports alpha blending its fairly staightforward, (Just send the particles out from the back of the ship and lower their alpha over time, you can use different starting velocities or positions to shape the flames.
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement