Sign in to follow this  
Bow_vernon

deferred shading and terrain splatting

Hi,

It depends what kind of render targets you are using. I am using RGBA8 render target and I am not having issues with blending / texture splatting.

Can you show us your render target configuration?

Cheers!

You're splatting terrain textures while performing MRT generation (e.g. while rendering to MRTs) afaik.

How do you perform terrain texture splatting? What exactly you're trying to achieve (I think I misunderstood the question) - standard terrain splatting, e.g. using mix of 2 textures on terrain for example, based upon some vertex color weighting, or?

hi villem we meet again, Im doing splatting by first draw the 'base' layer, and then 'splat'(blend) in on top of the base layer one by one. what I want is to make the second rt to blend too(not just the first), in short, Can I do blending in all RT?

Hi,

I am sorry that I cannot provide a screenshot at this moment. Only difference I can see with our cases is that I am using Direct3D and the number of RTs, but that shouldn't be relevant.

However, blending in a render target doesn't differ from blending in the back buffer. So, if your code works in the normal case (ie. normal alpha blending to the back buffer), then it should work with the render target too assuming that you are using RGBA8 target.

Can you show us some shader and source code?

I am not sure that I am totally understanding your problem when you write that "I can't blend other render target". As far as I understand, you don't need to "blend other render target" while doing texture splatting. Can you show us the rendering output and explain why it is wrong.

Good luck!

[Edited by - kauna on December 13, 2010 2:21:49 AM]